Bavarian Beneficial Society
The Bavarian Beneficial Society was founded on October 1, 1875. The purpose of the Society is to assist its members at times of illness or death. The Society also works to preserve German language and customs.
In 1876, the Society dedicated its flag by means of a special parade and fest. By 1878, the Bavarian Beneficial Society had 253 members. The Society originally met in the Arbeiter-Halle, or Workers Hall, before the First World War. Following the war, the meeting place moved to an establishment called Christian Sach's Hall, located at 121 Elder Street. Currently, the Society meets at the Donauschwaben Haus in Colerain Township.
In 1975, the Bavarian Beneficial Society celebrated its centennial at German Day, the annual fest that has been sponsored by the German-American Citizens League since 1895.